Social projects all over the world with Irizar Group
Each one of the Irizar Group companies supports their immediate social environment through culture, sport, etc.
Irizar is immersed in a large number of social projects internationally. It contributes more than two million Euros each year to support its social environment in solidarity and humanitarian activities with a clear involvement by its people or through NGOs, demonstrating the social responsibility of the company.
A review of some of the projects in which Irizar actively participates transports us to various diverse scenarios such as Mexico, South Africa and Tanzania.
Social Projects in Mexico
In Mexico, there are five projects with an active Irizar presence:
- “Bridge to Community Health”, a project aimed at the fitting out of a pilot plant with the equipment needed for the training and incubation of community groups to assist in the development, innovation, preparation and continuous improvement of food products such as amaranth and organic eggs.
- “Mexico ChildFund”, which contributes to the generation of infrastructure and training for indigenous women making handicrafts, promoting the creation of sources of selfemployment.
- “Farm Foundation of the Maya World”, which aims to equip, train and prepare for the production of melipona honey as well as a woven hammock workshop.
- “El Marqués Town DIF”, where financial support and ‘in kind’ donations for socially susceptible populations are offered, such as wheelchairs, toys, furniture, truck, food, blankets.
- “Nurture a child”, has the aim of contributing to child development in rural populations in Mexico through social, economic and environmental activities.
In South Africa
In South Africa, Irizar collaborates in projects supplying food to centres for elderly people. In addition to the distribution of food by people from Irizar, they also deliver cleaning materials as well
as some items for basic needs.
Also this year, school supplies have been donated to the Dove`s Nest Foster Home to ensure that the children from that orphanage have the materials and books needed to ensure their education.
In Tanzania the participation by Irizar takes place through the Doctors of the World organisation that uses its efforts to improve the services received by patients in health centres, especially
women and children under five and also works directly with communities on issues such as family planning, HIV prevention and human rights, especially concerning women (domestic violence, forced marriages, etc.).